With picnic lunch, drive through the scenic country side to Lake Bunyonyi. The lake area is dotted with small islands and one of the main islands was a Dutch leper colony until 1969. Dinner and overnight at far out island camp.
You have time to take a short walk or a chance to fish or canoe on the lake before leaving for a drive into the mountains to Bwindi forest. Bwindi means “a place of darkness”, aptly derived from the thick vegetation of the forest. Bwindi has also been called quite appropriately, the impenetrable forest. The afternoon is at leisure at your camp, dinner and overnight at Buhoma Tented Camp.
Excitement builds for your full day of trekking in search of the elusive and endangered Mountain Gorillas. Nothing can eclipse a moment with these magnificent creatures. Depending on when you find your group of gorillas, you will enjoy a picnic lunch before the trek back to the camp. Dinner and overnight at Buhoma Tented Camp.
Drive back to Entebbe with lunch en route.
Transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
- Peak Season: 16 Dec 2010 – 31 March 2011; 01 July – 15 Dec 2011
- High season: 01 – 30 June 2011
- Low Season: 01 April – 31 May 2011
- All Park entrance fees in the game reserves and National Parks.
- Experienced English Speaking driver-guide.
- 24/7 Flying Doctors emergency evacuation to the nearest hospital.
- All road transportation and Game drives using custom made Safari Minibus fitted with a two way radio communication and a pop-up roof for enhanced photography.
- All meals as specified in our itinerary.
- Full board Accommodation while on safari
- Airport transfer on arrival and departure.
- Bottled drinking water while on game drive.
- All items of a personal nature such as tobacco, laundry, phone calls etc
- Tips and drinks/beverages.
- Any Other Items not mentioned above
- Medical/Travel Insurance.